Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lick 'em While You Got 'em.



I'm conflicted. Ohana is going in for a neuter on Tuseday and I have the following considerations:

Upside:
1. Neutered dogs live longer and have fewer issues with aggression.
2. Ohana won't miss his nuts, or so I'm told.
3. I could (there's still time) to purchase some Neuticles and have them installed during the surgery.
4. I could put them in a jar and show them to teen boys who start sniffing around my daughter in 10 years..."See these balls, boy?" "That boy sings in the choir now as a soprano."

Downside:
1. Ohana's man-tackle has been an excellent weather barometer, or at least thermometer; they swing when it is warm and wither up like a French soldier when it is chilly.
2. Those balls, swinging in the open made an important statement that I endorsed, albeit vicariously about this house and my position here as regards male masculinity.
3. Can you say 'Emasculate'?
4. Can you say 'Gender Traitor'?


Oh well, Ohana cannot be bred due to a mildly dysplastic left hip. He'll still, always be my best bud; faithful and true.

4 comments:

kristi noser said...

Really, how many people NEED a dog testicle thermometer?
Could you market something like that?

erin said...

I'm sorry your best bud is losing his buds.

kristi noser said...

Erin ya kill me.

Don Diego de la Vega said...

My wife's had mine in a jar for years now. I no longer embarrass her by mindless scratching in public.