Friday, June 27, 2008

I Know What I Want To Do...Epilogue

Well,



I finally got to talk to her dad. He was wide-eyed and angry; appreciative for my willingness to step up as a neighbor.



I caught up to him as he was leaving for work; he gave me his card after hearing his nightmare-come-true and we're meeting later to take the boy for a walk in the woods, where we'll force him to dig his own grave before dad beheads him with the shovel. My neighbor is a very likeable guy who has worked as a construction contractor. I wouldn't want to be man-boy tonight...

Thanks to all of you who encouraged me to do the right thing and tell Dad.

3 comments:

kristi noser said...

so if someone does behead him in the woods, you know you're gonna be blamed, right?

theswamphare said...

They know where I am all the time and it's in Their best interest to provide me with alibis; last time I was with a pastor, a judge, a woodchuck and Fred Rogers.

erin said...

Good work. I'm glad you talked to Dad.